Malta Gaming License
GBO provides turn-key solutions, including gaming licenses, company formation, bank accounts, legal services, and everything else you require.
When it comes to establishing your own online casino in the popular jurisdiction of Malta, you can rely on GBO’s vast experience and expertise to guide you through the licensing and corporate setup processes. We have over a decade of experience in Malta and hundreds of happy customers. You will be ready to launch in just a few weeks and at a low cost!
We can help you obtain your Malta Gaming License
When you negotiate through GBO, the whole package is bundled so there are no extras because we include the full Malta gaming license cost.
Trusted by clients around the world
GBO is a market-leading Kahnawake Gaming license services provider
As a leading expert in Malta’s online gaming industry, GBO can offer key function Services to gaming operators licensed by the Malta Gaming Authority (MGA).
According to the authorizations and compliance directive, the MGA requires each Licensee to appoint individuals capable of performing key functions, which are significant roles or responsibilities carried out by a person in connection with a gaming service or gaming supply. In accordance with Part V of the gaming authorization regulations, key personnel must hold an Authority-issued certificate of approval, and each licensee must notify the Authority of the key personnel performing one or more key functions for the licensee.
To further strengthen specific authorization and compliance requirements, the MGA published a series of amendments to the gaming authorizations and compliance directive and a key function eligibility criteria policy on 20 October 2021. Depending on the type of Malta license held, the Key Function Services for Gaming Operators vary.
For B2C licensees that provide remote gaming services or operate controlled gaming premises, the chief executive role, management of day-to-day gaming operations, compliance with the licensee’s obligations, legal affairs, adherence to applicable legislation, prevention of money laundering and financing of terrorism, technological affairs, and internal auditing are essential functions.
Malta B2C licensees
B2C licensees operating uncontrolled gaming premises have fewer key functions, including the aforementioned functions and management of the pit, gaming area, and surveillance systems of the gaming premises, in addition to internal audit.
Principal functions for B2B licensees include the role of chief executive officer, management of day-to-day gaming operations, compliance with licensee obligations, legal affairs, adherence to applicable laws, technological affairs, and internal auditing. The key individuals responsible for carrying out the key functions of the National Lottery Licensee include those performing the responsibilities above and those holding a license to sell national lottery games. From the time of application and throughout the duration of the appointment, the Authority scrutinizes the Key Function Holder’s qualifications with great care.
An individual will not be permitted to perform a key function unless the Authority is satisfied that the individual meets the Authority’s fitness and propriety criteria, is prima facie competent to perform the key function, and is committed to being readily available to the licensee for the purposes of performing the key function.
A Gambling Service (B2C) Licensee is required to appoint key personnel for the following positions:
- The position of chief executive or its equivalent;
- Management of the day-to-day gaming operations of the licensee, including but not limited to the management of the licensee’s financial obligations, such as the payment of tax and fees owed to the Authority, the processes of making payments to and receiving payments from players, the management of risk strategies for the operation of the licensee, and the prevention of fraud to the licensee’s detriment;
- Compliance with the obligations applicable to the licensee under the Act and any binding instrument issued thereunder, including but not limited to obligations relating to responsible gaming, obligations relating to player support, obligations relating to the rules relating to marketing, advertising, and promotional schemes, and where applicable, obligations relating to sports integrity;
- The licensee’s legal issues, including, but not limited to, contractual arrangements and dispute resolution;
- Compliance with applicable laws pertaining to data protection and privacy;
- The prevention of money laundering and terrorism financing;
- The network and information security of the licensee; and
- Internal audit
A Crucial Malta Gaming Supply (B2B)
A Crucial Gaming Supply (B2B) Licensee is required to hire essential personnel for the following positions:
- The chief executive position or its equivalent; The management of the day-to-day gaming operations of the licensee, including but not limited to the management of the licensee’s financial obligations, such as the payment of tax and fees due to the Authority, and the management of the risk strategies for the operation of the licensee;
- Compliance with the responsibilities applicable to the licensee under the Act and any binding document issued pursuant to the Act, including, but not limited to, requirements relating to sports integrity where applicable;
- The licensee’s legal issues, including but not limited to contractual arrangements and dispute resolution;
Compliance with applicable laws regarding data protection and privacy, if applicable;
- Internal audit.
What is the responsible gaming policy in Malta?
Malta’s comprehensive policy on responsible gambling is administered by the Malta Gaming Authority (MGA). The policy contains a series of policies designed to promote responsible gaming and avoid problem gambling. This includes regulations for licensees to encourage responsible gaming, monitor player conduct, and intervene as needed to avoid problem gambling.
Where can a Malta gambling license countries?
Countries that recognize and accept a Malta gaming license: A Malta gambling license is recognized and acknowledged by a large number of nations, including the majority of European Union (EU) member states. The United Kingdom, Sweden, Germany, and Italy are among the nations that accept a Maltese gaming license.
How much is a gaming license in Malta?
Cost of a gaming license in Malta: The cost of a gaming license in Malta varies based on the type of license sought and the size of the operation. The payments range from a few thousand euros for a modest B2B license to several hundred thousand euros for a comprehensive B2C license. In addition, there are annual payments associated with the renewal of the license, which vary based on the type of license and the scale of the activity. It is vital to remember that obtaining and maintaining a gaming license in Malta involves additional expenses, including as legal and compliance fees, technological testing and certification fees, and continuous regulatory compliance expenses.